Revision as of 18:22, 6 August 2019 by Devon
In order to produce the most accurate data, EyeWire accepts the consensus, a sophisticated combination of the players traces, for each cube.
- Every time a player submits a cube, it gains 1 weight.
- When the cube hasn't been trailblazed yet, its weight is 0.
- In normal gameplay, the maximum weight a cube can reach is 4 before it becomes unassignable for enfranchised players.
- Since different players might trace a cube differently, the segments inside the cube may have different confidence values.
- A confidence value is the likelihood that a segment belongs in a cube.
- The likelihood that a segment is included in the consensus is dependent on how many players included that segment in their trace.
- When reaping a cube, a Scythe has weight 3.
- This weight is used to fix a merger, missing branch, or missing nub. Their reap will also overwrite the consensus entirely.
- After one Scythe has reaped a cube, consensus no longer applies. The next Scythe to reap the same cube will wholly replace the last trace with their own. This is known as "Last Scythe Wins."
- Admins working as the GrimReaper have a weight of one million when reaping a cube. Their reaping also overwrites consensus and works similarly to "Last Scythe Wins."
- They also use this power to fix mergers, missing branches, and missing nubs.
- Because of an admin's weight and privileges, once they have reaped a cube, a Scythe cannot reap in any further changes; at that point the cube is essentially left in admin hands.
- Admins freeze cubes to prevent players from playing them.
- Cell bodies are frozen because:
- they are not useful for the research that is being conducted.
- the AI does not segment them well since it is designed to segment branches.
- they take a long time to trace
- they slow down the players' computers.
- Some cubes will be frozen when there is a serious merger in the cube that cannot be removed right away.
- Scythes can also freeze cubes and unfreeze them if they don't need to be frozen anymore. However, they cannot unfreeze what an admin has frozen.
- Duplicate cubes are cubes that share segments with a cube in another cell.
- This usually means that one of the cells has a merger
- If there was a merger in a past cell and it has been removed, the Duplicate cube will automatically splice the branch up until the point at which the merger was removed
- This can greatly accelerate the tracing process of the cell.
- The Spawner creates a cube when the consensus shows that the branch extends (Weight >= 3).
- It uses some parts of the last cube as the seed.
- It also updates the weight and confidence values of a cube after a player submits it.