There are 4 main categories of advanced categories, each with their own qualifications, powers, and responsibilities.
Advanced players who are training to be able to make corrections in cells.
In order to become a Scout a player must:
- Have an accuracy of at least 90%
- Be a player for a long enough time and done enough cubes to have gathered the required experience
- Be active and helpful in chat to answer other players questions
- Show an interest in doing more than the average player to advance neuroscience.
Once promoted to a Scout, a player:
- Can inspect any cube in a cell
- Flag the cube if a problem is found
All Scouts share a set of responsibilities:
- Review cells for mergers, missing branches, and missing nubs
- Propose corrections for cubes with any such problems
- Offer opinions on other's proposed corrections
- Help players in chat who are struggling to learn to play, or with a specific cube.
The Order of the Scythe
Once a Scout has enough experience in reviewing cells, they will be accepted into the Order of the Scythe, where they will take on a new role as a Scythe.
In order to become a Scythe, a player must:
- Meet all the requirements for being a scout
- Have been a scout for enough time
- Have enough experience inspecting cubes and proposing corrections
- Have enough experience finding mergers, missing branches, and nubs
- Be willing to collaborate with other Scythes to remove mergers and add missing branches and nubs