This page is a The Consensus and the translation is 100% complete.of the page
In order to produce the most accurate data, EyeWire accepts the consensus, a sophisticated combination of the players traces, for each cube.
- Every time a player submits a cube, it gains 1 weight.
- When the cube hasn't been trailblazed yet, its weight is 0.
- Since different players might trace a cube differently, the segments inside the cube may have different confidence values.
- A confidence value is the likelihood that a segment belongs in a cube.
- The likelihood that a segment is included in the consensus is dependent on how many players included that segment in their trace.
- When reaping a cube, a Scythe has weight 2.
- This weight is used to fix a merger, missing branch, or missing nub.
- Often it is necessary for multiple Scythes to reap a cube in order to change the confidence of the segments.
- Admins and the GrimReaper have a weight of one million when reaping a cube.
- They also use this this to fix mergers, missing branches, and missing nubs.
- Because of the high weight, it only requires one Admin to change a cube.
- This can often cause problems when a Scout or Scythe finds a merger, missing branch, or missing nub in a reaper weighted cube.
- Admins freeze cubes to prevent players from playing them.
- Cell bodies are frozen because:
- they are not useful for the research that is being conducted.
- the AI does not segment them well since it is designed to segment branches.
- they take a long time to trace
- they slow down the players' computers.
- Some cubes will be frozen when there is a serious AI merger in the cube that cannot be removed.
Duplicate Cubes will also be frozen.
- Duplicate cubes are cubes that share segments with a cube in another cell.
- This usually means that one of the cells has a merger
- If there was a merger in a past cell and it has been removed, the Duplicate cube will automatically splice the branch up until the point at which the merger was removed
- This can greatly accelerate the tracing process of the cell.
- The Spawner creates a cube when the consensus shows that the branch extends.
- It uses some parts of the last cube as the seed.
- It also updates the weight and confidence values of a cube after a player submits it.